Thursday, December 23, 2010

It has been...

... way too long since I last posted. I will try to give a brief update on what has happened in the last month.


My mom came to visit and we went to Paris and it was awesome. We had a fun vegan thanksgiving dinner with Dallas and Rebecca then watched the SAINTS GAME. WHO DAT?



snow + the Eiffel Tower

Taken by Alyce


It snowed. A lot.

Mia and my first snowman!

I finished my classes!

Went to Lyon with some friends for the Fête des Lumières which was somewhat disappointing but had a few cool parts. 

My friend Adam, from New Orleans, came to visit! We went snowboarding at Alpe-D'Huez.  
View from the hotel

No big deal

Adam and me


on the way down the mountain




The mountain is one of the most popular stages of the Tour de France. It has something like 21 switchbacks (hairpins?). I don't know how they do it.
Snowboarding was a lot harder than I expected. The day we got there I stayed on the bunny slope and bruised my butt a good deal. At the end of the day going straight really, really fast was my specialty. Only slowing down gave me trouble.
The second day I decided slowing down would come with time and I should try harder slopes. When I started going too fast, I decided the best way to stop was just to take myself out. So, that day I became the best at falling. It had snowed the night before and was still snowing that day, so it was like falling on pillows. Or at least that's how it felt until the next day when I was in so much pain I could only assume I had gotten hit by a bus and had amnesia and forgot about it.
Honestly, I am still a little sore right now.
Adam and I had the most incredible fondu meal. Melted cheese, bread, potatoes? Good.
Adam's flight got cancelled so he stayed in Grenoble for two extra nights and got to watch me get a nice lil' fever and stop moving completely. No worries. I am much better now.

My residence is really quiet now ( which I am enjoying). I think there are only 3 people in my hall. Those of us from too far away to easily get home and who aren't currently traveling.

Rebecca is coming tomorrow night and staying until the 28th. Hallelujah for Christmas with friends!

keep your fingers crossed for a white Christmas


No comments:

Post a Comment